A Community Gardening Experience
The Hamptons Community League is excited to announce that we have been approved for a Community Pop-up Garden. The Hamptons Harvests garden is part of the City’s pilot project to expand the number of community gardens, increase access to fresh food, and reduce food insecurity.
Garden for Everyone
The Hamptons Harvest garden is for everyone to enjoy.
Garden Specs and Resources
- The Hampton’s garden has 15 temporary raised garden beds. The size of the raised beds are 12 feet long x 16 inches wide x 16 inches high (fabric containers).
- The approved garden location is NW corner of the parking lot at the Grange District Park, 413 Hemingway Road.
- The City of Edmonton will water the garden twice per week. Days and times for watering will be determined by the City.
Requirements and Guidelines
- In order to operate community gardens, support neighbourhoods, and stay safe during this time, the City has instituted community garden requirements and guidelines. It is all our responsibility to ensure these requirements are met and guidelines are followed.
- The Hamptons Community League will provide all plants/seeds .
- The use of fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides within the gardens is strictly prohibited.
COVID-19 Related Guidelines for Pop-Up Community Gardens
No more than 50 people are allowed in the garden at any one time. Please respect the limit and wait your turn if the garden is at capacity.
Minimum 2 metre distance between individuals at all times.
Time spent in the gardens is for growing edible plants only. Please do not hold large gatherings or social events.
Wash or sanitize your hands before entering and after exiting the garden site.
Gardeners must bring their own equipment/tools, gardening gloves, and disinfecting products. Please take these items with you when you leave.
If garbage receptacles are not located within the garden, gardeners must take their garbage with them.
Service Animals Only
Service animals must be leashed, wearing service vest/identification, and must not be in direct contact with edibles. Please wash your hands before and after interacting with pets.